To start a flame with a single spark...

Friday, April 29, 2016

Things Thrift Stores Have, But You Don't Need To Buy.

A trip to the thrift store for my family is always an adventure. You go in looking for something in particular (or just to browse) and you return home having acquired something of no worth to anyone but you, or with something that you didn't need but that looked cool.
On one of these thrift store trips that I took with my Mom recently we walked around pointing out the most bizarre stuff that we found and thus the brilliant idea for this post was born.
So here's a list of things that I actually saw at our local thrift store that it sells, but that you would never need to buy...ever.

A glass hanging of three bananas

A curling iron in a basket (but only if it's a packaged deal)

An empty box

6 boxes of those little paper cups that they put ketchup in at restaurants

Old cuticle scissors

Feminine hygiene products (not used I hope...)

A broken fish tank

A purple desk (painted very badly I might add)

An old mattress with unknown stains

The entire Twilight series

Underwear (seriously?)

A package of mismatched socks (like not even the same size or anything)

Romance novels

The Left Behind series

Fake plants

A dirty George Forman grill

An entire drawer of butter knives

Ugly flip-flops

Orange high heels

A stained prom dress that was probably from the 70s

Ugly purses that smell funny

Those plastic grape vines that my grandma has on her dining room table that I would pinch the grapes off of and throw at my brother's head.

Pirated movies

Old nail polish

A shoe box...with nothing in it

"As seen on TV" products

Magazines

An American flag (who donates an American flag?!?! Where's your patriotism?!?!)

Hooker shoes (in the words of my Mom)

Creepy porcelain dolls

There were so many more things to mention so if you want me to, I'll do a part 2. Let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this post and what other content you would like to see from me :) 

1 comment: